Due to personal reasons, for the time being, I shall be celebrating Women in Horror Month online, discussing the work of the incredible women I have encountered over the years and looking to what the future looks like for women working in horror. Jennifer xo


Find me on social media @jennifersbodies on Twitter and Instagram.


"Jennifer’s Bodies is a roving annual festival of female-helmed horror movies and part of Women In Horror Recognition Month, an international assortment of affiliated events organised partly to highlight just how much women can and do contribute to the genre outwith the typically accepted factors of tits, ass and mezzosoprano screaming." Starburst Magazine

Thursday 19 February 2015

Jennifer's Bodies 2015 Line Up - Short Films Category - Melanie Light's The Herd! A Vegan's Take on the Brutality of The Dairy Industry!



It is with extremely great pleasure that I can announce that I shall be screening The Herd, written by my fellow feminist, horror Vegans Ed Pope (yes, boys can be feminits too!!) and directed by Melanie Light....pictured below.


You might remember me writing about this film when Melanie was first running a kickstarter campaign for it.  :) 

I remember describing this film to people when Melanie first sent me details of the film/campaign.  People were utterly horrified when I said that it was about these women who are kept in cages/crates and are repeatedly raped and impregnated, only for those babies to then be taken off of them, they are milked dry, raped and impregnated again, in a cycle of repeated abuse.  If they try and rebel, they get zapped with probes.   Everyone always comments how fucked up, sick and deprived this is.  To which I then reply, "kinda EXACTLY like the dairy industry!!"


I guess what I find so shocking is the fact that we have to resort to such vulgar descriptions to get people to understand the utter cruelty of these industries.  

I for one shall be VERY interested to hear peoples thoughts on this one.  :)  

In the meantime, please check out the brand spanking new trailer for the film, and let us know what you think.  :)  

1 comment:

  1. Will this film be available to stream or buy soon?

    ReplyDelete

Please don't be a douche...the comments section is there for constructive criticism and praise...not for asshole trolls to rant! Ya dig!?!