Due to personal reasons, for the time being, I shall be celebrating Women in Horror Month online, discussing the work of the incredible women I have encountered over the years and looking to what the future looks like for women working in horror. Jennifer xo


Find me on social media @jennifersbodies on Twitter and Instagram.


"Jennifer’s Bodies is a roving annual festival of female-helmed horror movies and part of Women In Horror Recognition Month, an international assortment of affiliated events organised partly to highlight just how much women can and do contribute to the genre outwith the typically accepted factors of tits, ass and mezzosoprano screaming." Starburst Magazine

Wednesday 20 July 2016

Women Crush Wednesday - Happy Birthday to the Most Bad Ass Jennifer EVER....Camille Keaton!


When it comes to my favourite Jennifer's in horror....Jennifer Hills, played by Camille Keaton is the absolute most biggest bad ass ever!!!!

One year before I was born, in 1978, Camille was literally stripped bare, both physically and emotionally in Meir Zarchi's I Spit on Your Grave, otherwise known as Day of the Women....one of the most incredible original feminist films ever!


I Spit on Your Grave is a fucked up film....no doubt.  The rape is one of the most brutal things ever committed to celluloid.  Jennifer Hills however....she became a spokeswoman for women though.  I fucking love her!!  Just like the Frank Castle, the world needs more Jennifer Hills!!  


With the impending release of I Spit on Your Grave: Deja Vu, I am so excited to see the return of Jennifer Hills with Meir Zarchi at the helm.  :)

Oooh, other notable recent credits....The Butterfly Room which was a total Women in Horror lovefest of a film, and NEEDS to be seen.  I am genuinely proud to own this film due to the incredible calibre of some of my favourite women in horror. 


 I am totally thinking the same thing about the remake of one of my most beloved films (and Mulder's!!), Plan 9 from Outer Space.  I have yet to see Plan 9, but I seriously hope it is a wee bitty rad!  I have noticed quite a few of my women in horror in it, and ladies I totally think get the quirkyness of the original!!!  


Today I wish this lovely, talented, incredible women a Happy Birthday! Stay super awesome Camille! And keep on being a bad ass woman in horror!!!! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't be a douche...the comments section is there for constructive criticism and praise...not for asshole trolls to rant! Ya dig!?!